SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol from the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package SIT16 describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to responsibly sell or serve alcohol. This RSA training course is recognised under the VET Quality Framework, ASQA & Liquor & Gaming NSW.
Before You Book
- You must arrive 15 minutes early or 30 minutes early if you have booked into a George Street Course
- Bring a pen and some paper
- Please read our Cancellation Policy and Student Handbook
- Create a USI
- If you already have a Competency Card & it is due for renewal, you must renew online with Liquor & Gaming NSW
This Course Covers
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol-affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused
- Refuse to provide alcohol
After Your Course
Upon the successful completion of this RSA course, participants receive a Statement of Attainment from ATS. Students will also receive a RSA Interim Certificate issued by Liquor & Gaming NSW to comply with new regulations. The RSA Interim Certificate is the temporary licence for working purposes and will last for 90 days from course completion date. Students must take their interim certificate with 100 points of identification to a participating Services NSW outlet to process the RSA Competency Card - the official licence issued by L&G NSW lasts 5 years from course completion date.
Why Choose this Course?
The NSW RSA course is a theory based course covering the laws and legislation of alcohol in NSW and how to sell and/or serve alcohol responsibly. The NSW RSA course is mandatory for everyone in NSW involved in the sale and supply of liquor to the public. This includes licensees, club secretaries, serving staff and security staff working at licensed venues. If you are looking for work in hospitality, such as a bar, hotel, pub, club or restaurant, you will need to complete this NSW RSA course. Click on the above locations tabs to select a classroom date and book in!
All courses are conducted and assessed in English. Please read the Learning, Literacy and Numeracy skills required below to successfully complete the course. If you are concerned you will not be able to meet these requirements, contact our office to allow us to assess your application or whether we can provide you with the support to ensure you complete the unit successfully.
Foundation skills essential to performance in this unit:
- Reading skills: Read at times complex information from statutory regulatory bodies, in-house policies & procedures, specific provisions of state legislation, signage & range of ID or proof of age documents
- Oral communication: Provide understandable information to customers on responsible service of alcohol laws & ability to speak firmly & clearly to intoxicated customers in order to de-escalate conflict
- Numeracy: Calculate standard drinks & determine proof of age documents
- Learning skills: Source relevant information on laws, regulations & codes of practice relating to RSA & continuously update knowledge of changes
- Teamwork skills: Share customer information with team members to ensure proper service of alcohol practices within the organisation
- Self management skills: Deal with hostile & uncooperative customers in a professional manner & in line with organisational procedures.
How is the Course Assessed?
Written assessment (closed book). Students must achieve a mark of 100% on the final assessment.
Priority is given to students who pre-pay for courses as numbers are restricted. ATS reserves the right to reschedule courses if there are not sufficient numbers to run.
To book: Check out our training schedule for a suitable date and then either book online, call us on 1300 541 773 or email us at email@example.com to reserve a place in the course.