SITHGAM001 Provide responsible gambling services from the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package SIT16 describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide responsible gambling services, and information to customers who require assistance with their problem gambling. This RCG training course is recognised under the VET Quality Framework, ASQA & Liquor & Gaming NSW
Before You Book
- You must arrive 15 minutes early or 30 minutes early if you have booked into a George Street Course
- Bring along a pen and paper
- Please read our Cancellation Policy and Student Handbook
- George Street venue courses will be conducted under the RTO provider 91118
- If you already have a Competency Card & need to renew it, you must renew online with Liquor & Gaming NSW
This Course Covers
- Provide responsible service of gambling
- Provide information and assistance to customers about problem gambling
After Your Course
Upon the successful completion of this RCG course, participants receive a Statement of Attainment from ATS. Students will also receive a RCG Interim Certificate issued by Liquor & Gaming NSW to comply with new regulations. The RCG Interim Certificate is the temporary licence for working purposes and will last for 90 days from course completion date. Students must take their interim certificate with 100 points of identification to a participating Services NSW outlet to process the RCG Competency Card - the official licence issued by L&G NSW lasts for 5 years from course completion date.
Why Choose this Course?
The NSW RCG course is a theory based course covering the laws and legislation of gambling in NSW and how to provide gambling services responsibly. The NSW RCG course is mandatory for all secretaries of registered clubs with gaming machines, all hoteliers with gaming machines, and employees of registered clubs and hotels. If you are looking for work in hospitality, such as a bar, hotel, pub, club or restaurant, where the venue provides gambling services (pokies, TAB, KENO) you will need to complete this NSW RCG course. Click on the above locations tabs to select a classroom date and book in!
Classes are conducted and assessed in English. Please read below the Learning, Language and Numeracy requirements to enrol and complete this course successfully. If you do not have these skills, please contact our office to allow us to assess your level of skills. We may be able to supply you with the support to ensure you are able to enrol and complete the course.
Foundation skills essential to performance in this unit:
- Reading skills: Read & interpret at times complex information relating to industry regulatory codes & signage relating to responsible gambling
- Oral communication skills: Respond to indicators of problem gambling to deal courteously & discreetly with customers. Ability to identify problem customers, to request self-exclusion using non-confrontational language.
- Problem-solving skills: Identify potential problem gamblers & apply appropriate solutions within scope of responsibility or seek assistance from appropriate colleagues.
- Technology skills: Use a computer & appropriate software to record gambling-related incidents & staff actions
How is the Course Assessed?
Written assessment (closed book). Students must achieve a mark of 80% or higher.
Priority is given to students who pre-pay for courses as numbers are restricted. ATS reserves the right to reschedule courses if there are not sufficient numbers to run.
To book: Check out our training schedule for a suitable date and then either book online, call us on 1300 541 773 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place in the course.