Code Of PracticePlease click here to download the Code Of Practice
REGISTERED TRAINING ORGANISATION
Wildstar Management Pty Limited is a Registered Training Organisation, which operates in accordance with the national guidelines for the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), the requirements of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and complies with the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011.
ATS is registered to deliver the following units of competency:
- Provide First Aid – HLTAID003
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – HLTAID001
- Work safely in the construction industry – CPCCOHS1001A
- Provide responsible service of alcohol – SITHFAB201
- Provide responsible gambling services – SITHGAM201
- Clean and tidy bar areas – SITHFAB101
- Operate a bar – SITHFAB202
- Prepare and serve espresso coffee – SITHFAB204
- Use hygienic practices for food safety – SITXFSA101
- Participate in safe food handling practices – SITXFSA201
- Process financial transactions – SITXFIN201
In its role as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), Wildstar Management Pty Limited (trading as ATS) will provide current flexible training in order to meet the every increasing needs of the Hospitality Industry.
- We take into account the unique and individual nature of people.
- We treat all clients with respect and dignity.
- We recognise all differences arising from the variety of cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds we encounter.
- We explain the reasons for the information that we require and the confidentiality associated.
- We organise and monitor all activities.
The management and staff undertake to maintain all records in an
efficient and effective manner.
- The management and staff of ATS undertake to provide quality vocational learning and assessment in a friendly and safe environment to all course participants
- Training and Assessment shall be made available to all applicants who meet the requirements for course admission
- All assessment shall be competency based
- All students shall have the facility for re‐assessment if required. Only one re‐assessment will be offered and it must be attempted within a 2 month period of course completion.
- Assessments shall be made based on sound and appropriate assessment tools and with a view to flexibility and negotiation
- ATS undertakes to avoid delays in processing and conducting assessments and realise the importance of assessments and the needs of our clients
- All assessments for recognised training shall be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the relevant Training Packages and the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations 2011
- Course participants shall have the right of appeal of assessment decisions
- A business plan for our organisation has been developed.
- The strategies outlined within the plan act as the foundation for our operations procedures.
- The implementation of this plan is monitored and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Staff are involved in the review of achievements and setting of strategic directions.
- All accredited courses shall be allocated in a manner providing clients with as much flexibility as possible.
- Trainers will be allocated to classes based on their expertise and qualifications.
- ATS undertakes to provide support as part of their Code of Practice.
- Such support includes academic support, personal distress, career and post programme support.
- Referrals to specialists will be made where needs are beyond the expertise of ATS staff.
- Feedback is actively sought from clients.
- ATS will collect feedback from students for review by management. This information will be used as one of the methods for enhancing the quality of training and assessment processes, services and products.
If at any time during your study with ATS you are not satisfied with any feature of your course or ATS, please speak to your trainer, Training Administrator or Course Co‐ordinator. If your complaint cannot be addressed at this level, please ask to see the Human Resources Manager or General Manager.
A complaint can also be submitted to the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) via the online complaint form, phone or e-mail. Details are:
- Online process: http://www.asqa.gov.au/complaints/making‐acomplaint.html
- E‐mail: email@example.com
- Phone: ASQA info line 1300 701 801
- ATS undertakes to ensure that it holds appropriate approvals and licenses for all products and services utilised and comply with appropriate legislation.
- ATS undertakes to provide students with suitable and sufficient information regarding courses to enable candidates to make informed decisions about course enrolment.
- All students shall be provided with a student handbook outlining detailed arrangements for all aspects of training and assessment.
- Where fees are charged for accredited training or assessment, participants shall be provided with a detailed description of costs and an official receipt.
- All course candidates will be provided with details of ATS course fee refund policy.
- Qualifications and/or statements of attainment shall be awarded to all course graduates based on whole units of competency achieved.
- Policies and procedures are implemented to safeguard our clients and maintain consistency.
- The management undertakes to provide facilities and resources suitable to the delivery and assessment of all courses.
- For each accredited course offered, details of requirements for admission will be available.
Course participants will be selected in accordance with equal opportunity principles and government legislation related to antidiscrimination (Anti‐Discrimination Act 1977 – NSW). Discrimination (of staff or students) on the basis of the following is prohibited:
- Racial (including ethno‐religion)
- Age (present or future)
- Sex (including gender, sexual harassment, breast feeding, pregnancy)
- Marital or domestic status
- Employment status (employed, unemployed or retired)
- Physical appearance
- Disability (including past, present or future disability and actual or perceived HIV status)
- Psychological situation
- Homosexuality (men or women, actual or presumed)
- Transgender (including trans‐sexuality)
- Carer’s responsibilities
- ATS recognises the principles of flexible delivery and strives to maximise access to all groups and learners.
- All students will be provided with information on their rights to appeal an assessment decision and the facilities available for reassessment if required.
- ATS will maintain and make available details for the resolution of participant grievances or appeals, meeting standards required under the VET Quality Framework.
- ATS will actively seek feedback from all participants attending our programmes to assist us in reviewing our courses as we continually endeavour to enhance the quality of the training and assessment processes, services and products offered by ATS.
The management and staff of ATS will honour all guarantees that are outlined in the Code of Practice.
- The management of ATS will maintain up to date and adequate insurance cover for facilities, workers compensation and public liability.
INTERNAL MONITOR & REVIEW
- ATS will implement a strict and thorough process for internal monitoring and review.
LIASON WITH INDUSTRY
- The management of ATS will maintain effective contact with industry organisations and employers to keep abreast of developments in the industries covered by our training and assessment products.
- Feedback will from time to time be collected from industry to confirm the relevance of training provided. Industry will be involved in the development of new courses.
- Marketing for accredited training will be clear and accurate and reflect national and ASQA guidelines for marketing and advertising of training.
NATIONAL PRINCIPLES & STANDARDS
- Wildstar Management Pty Limited (trading as ATS) undertakes to adhere to and operate within the requirements of national standards and protocols for the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011.
NATIONAL RECOGNITION OF QUALIFICATIONS
- As a Registered Training Organisation, Wildstar Management Pty Limited (trading as ATS) recognises the qualifications or statements of attainment issued by other Registered Training Organisations under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
WORKPLACE, HEALTH & SAFETY
- The safety of our staff and students is of primary concern.
- ATS observes all relevant WH&S legislation and copies of the Acts are kept on file.
- All resources are kept up to date and maintained in good order. Lighting and ventilation is to be of a level consistent with the requirements of the appropriate legislation.
Australian Training Solutions is subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988. The personal information provided by you on the application form will be used to process your application for enrolment into the training program(s) specified on the front of the application form. Failure to sign or complete all the information required may result in your
application being unsuccessful.
Wildstar Management Pty Limited trading as Australian Training Solutions is a Registered Training Organisation (No. 90737). To comply with the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations 2011, we are required to maintain a record of all participants on all our training programs for a period of thirty (30) years. There is also an obligation to ensure that such records are adequately secured whether they are kept as a written document or kept as a soft copy within a computerised system of record keeping.
You have the right to access and correct any of your personal information that ATS holds about you. ATS may disclose your information to third parties who may provide services under contract or agreement with ATS. These contracts or agreements require the third party to keep your personal information confidential and secure.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
- All participants who are enrolled in a course leading to a recognised qualification shall be afforded the opportunity to apply for recognition of prior learning.
- Policies and procedures shall exist and be adhered to.
- Students shall be provided with suitable information, support and opportunities to achieve RPL.
- Clients will be advised promptly of outcomes and course attendance adjusted accordingly.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY (Units of Competency)
Australian Training Solutions reserves the right to reschedule a class or classes in the event of special circumstances. York College will make every effort to accommodate each student, rescheduling to another class or classes at no fee to the student.
In the event where Australian Training Solutions (ATS) accepts prepayment for a course ATS undertakes to refund course fees according to the following criteria:
- the participant having applied for & being confirmed into a course, fails to attend without prior notice, will have course fees withheld in total as a cancellation fee unless a doctor's medical certificate is supplied. If a medical certificate is provided you are entitled to a transfer not a refund
- if you are more than 15 minutes late you will not be admitted & a rescheduling fee of 50% of the course fee applies
- 24 hours notice is required to reschedule a course. A $10 rescheduling fee applies per course
- 24 hours notice is required to cancel a course. A $20 cancellation fee applies
- if a deposit is made for a course, the same policies for a full payment applies
- All staff will be selected based on their qualifications and suitability based on Job Descriptions. All staff will meet and exceed industry requirements for specialist skills and training qualifications.
- All staff will operate in accordance with ATS’ policies, procedures for the operation of the company as detailed in ATS’ Training Quality System.
- All staff will be committed to access and equity principles in the course of their duties.
- All staff will participate in the company’s staff development program and be committed to maintaining and developing their specialist skills.
- Course participants will have access to a range of training support services to assist with the completion of their course study.
TRAINERS & ASSESSORS
- Training and assessment is provided by qualified educators who meet national industry standards and the requirements of the relevant training package.