Unique Student Identifier
What is a USI?
A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a reference number made up of numbers and letters, unique to each student.
This USI allows them to link their previous and future VET qualifications into a single authenticated transcript, through the National Vocational Education and Training Data Collection, and prevents them from losing their record.
This lets them see all of their training results, from all their previous providers.
A USI Number will stay with the student for life, and must be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course they undertake.
How do I get a USI?
You can register for a USI online, at NO COST to the student. You can create a USI doing the following:
1. Log on to http://portal.usi.gov.au/student
- When applying for a USI, students will be required to supply one of the following valid forms of ID:
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card,
- Australian Passport
- Visa (with Non-Australian Passport)
- Australian Birth Certificate,
- Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
2. Click on ‘Create your USI’.
3. Follow the prompts to create your USI account.
Registered Training Organisations will be prohibited from issuing a Statement of Attainment to students if they do not have a verified USI.
For further information please refer to the below link: