BAR Skills training
Want to work in a bar but don’t have the experience? Completing a Bar Skills course will get your trained, ready to apply for that job! Bar Skills is a practical based course.
Participants will be introduced to:
- Beer pouring, tray carrying, bar layout & equipment, product knowledge
- Bar cleaning, customer service & types of bars
- Pouring spirits, mixed drinks & post mix
- Bar opening & closing procedures
- Cellar principles & walk through
- Legislation relating to licensed premises e.g., RSA, RCG & WH&S
- Workplace expectations & qualifications
- Customer service skills & interview skills.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to clean bars and public areas, clear and clean glasses and to safely dispose of waste. Also, to prepare a bar for service, take drink orders, prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and close the bar down.
Certificates: Upon the successful completion of this Bar Skills course, participants receive a Certificate of Completion from ATS.
Course Duration: 6.5 hours
You can expect to participate in a fun, fast paced, active, 6.5 hour training course. It will be a hands-on learning experience with a professional trainer from within the industry to share tips & tricks to get you job ready!